Performance Data Date Range
The latest dataset was made available in EQuIPP as of Friday, April 13th. This dataset now includes performance information based off of prescription drug claims through February 28, 2018.
Rolling Six-Month Performance and Year-to-Date (YTD) Performance Information
The standard reporting available in EQuIPP evaluates performance based on prescription drug claims activity from September 1, 2017 to February 28, 2018. When logging into your performance dashboard this will be the default reporting that populates in your dashboard.
Year-to-Date (YTD) performance periods are now displayed for the full calendar year of 2017 for reporting purposes. This display consists of performance data from January 1, 2017 - December 31, 2017.
NOTE: Year-to-date (YTD) measurement period will not be updated until the May 2018 update
To better understand quality performance measure calculations and the impact of measurement periods, click the link below which will provide you descriptions and examples of calculations.
Utilizing the Patient Outliers Function
Continue to review your Outliers list and use the brief documentation process to track patients and determine any trends at your pharmacy -- if you notice a trend that a specific prescriber’s patients are non-adherent it may be valuable to chat with the prescriber about how you can assist with the adherence and keep them informed. Not all participating health plans provide outliers through the EQuIPP dashboard. Be sure to review with your pharmacy organization how to approach patient-interventions for these programs in order to improve your performance scores.
Quality Improvement Table for Pharmacies
As a reminder, the Quality Improvement Program (QIP) table for pharmacy users displays a pharmacy’s current performance for each health plan that has elected to share their plan-specific performance. Additionally, the table includes the performance goal for each measure and a percentile rank to help give perspective to the pharmacy’s performance for each health plan or program. If you see “N/A” as the percentile rank – the pharmacy has not met the minimum number of patients needed in the measure to complete the calculation.
Note: Check your Immunization tab to see if you have any data. Select health plans are now hosting a seasonal flu vaccination rate measure. If you do not have any measures listed, then your pharmacy does not have any health plans who are providing influenza data.
- The measure is listed as "Influenza Vaccination" and measures the percentage of patients that have received an applicable influenza vaccine for the 2017-2018 flu season.
- This measure will have a different measurement period than other measures hosted in EQuIPP.
- The start date for the measurement period for the 2017 - 2018 Influenza Vaccination measure will always be August 2017. The end date for the measurement period will be the month with the most recent data availability.
- For example, with the measurement period for this Influenza Vaccination measure in the March 2018 release is August 2017 - January 2018.
- The denominator for this measure, or attributed patient count for pharmacies, will be patients that fill the majority of prescriptions at your pharmacy.
- A patient will count towards the numerator of this measure if they receive an applicable influenza vaccination during the measurement period.
- This would include both prescription AND medical claims for the measure calculation. Thus, vaccinations administered in other medical settings like hospitals or physician offices will be included in the measure assessment.
- This measure includes patient outliers!
- This may also include two new outlier designations related to this influenza measure for specific health plans. These new designations, "Flu Shot Received" and "Flu Shot Needed", will appear for select outliers within the adherence measures in EQuIPP and will note that the patient has received or not received an influenza immunization for this flu season.
- This will allow pharmacies to directly identify patients that may not have received an influenza vaccination based on data provided and evaluated in EQuIPP
- Applying this designation to patient outliers in other measures allows pharmacies to address multiple facets of patient care
EQuIPP Dashboard Refresh Process
Performance scores are updated monthly around the 15th of the month. Outliers are updated as frequently as daily depending on the health plan. Frequently reviewing outliers is an important process for pharmacies to utilize when determining patient care activities and interventions.